This special series on VATS Segmentectomy is edited by Dr. Michel Gonzalez, from Service of Thoracic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
Michel Gonzalez, MD
Service of Thoracic Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Dr. Michel Gonzalez is staff thoracic surgeon and Privat-Docent at the Service of Thoracic Surgery in the University Hospital of Lausanne, Switzerland.
He completed his medical studies at the University of Geneva in 2002 and initially obtained the General Surgery Board in 2008. In 2009, he joined the service of Thoracic Surgery in Lausanne and obtained successively the Swiss Thoracic Surgery Board and the European Board of Thoracic Surgery in 2013. Since 2014, he is staff surgeon in the service of Thoracic Surgery of Lausanne. He contributed to the introduction of the program of minimal invasive surgery in 2010. He is also involved in the Lung Transplantation program. His research interests include lung and mediastinal surgery, minimal invasive thoracic surgery, enhanced recovery pathways and pulmonary metastasectomy. He recently participated to the establishment of the ERAS/ESTS guidelines. He is author or co-author of more than 100 scientific articles.
He is currently member of the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer and the Swiss Society of Thoracic Surgery.
- How I do VATS segmentectomy: the three-port approach
- How I do VATS segmentectomy: the two-port approach
- How I do VATS segmentectomy: the Uniportal approach
- How I do VATS segmentectomy: the totally thoracoscopic approach
- How I do VATS segmentectomy: the subxiphoid approach
- How I teach VATS segmentectomy?
- Simulator for VATS segmentectomy
- How to identify the intersegmental plane?
- Awake non intubated VATS segmentectomy
- VATS subsegmentectomy: technical aspect
- 3D reconstruction: an useful tool for VATS segmentectomy?
- Clinical application of Indocyanin green during VATS segmentectomy
- VATS Sleeve segmentectomy: technical aspect
- Complex VATS segmentectomy: S1 segmentectomy
- Complex VATS segmentectomy: S2 segmentectomy
- Complex VATS segmentectomy: S3 segmentectomy
- Complex VATS segmentectomy: S8 segmentectomy
- Complex VATS segmentectomy: S9 segmentectomy
- Complex VATS segmentectomy: S9-10 segmentectomy
- Appropriate lymph node dissection during VATS segmentectomy in NSCLC?
- Pulmonary arteries sealing during VATS segmentectomy
The series “VATS Segmentectomy” was commissioned by the editorial office, Journal of Visualized Surgery without any sponsorship or funding. Michel Gonzalez is serving as the unpaid Guest Editor for the series.