About the Journal
Journal of Visualized Surgery
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Visualized Surgery (ISSN 2221-2965; J Vis Surg; JOVS; jovs.amegroups.com) is an international peer-reviewed journal focused on Visualized Surgery. It aims to promote the development of Visualized Surgery around the world by providing a professional platform for the sharing of experience in Visualized Surgery between peers so that all patients may benefit. Hence, the focus will be on instructional and educational video clips, photos, schematics of Visualized Surgical procedures, rather than lengthy text.
JOVS is the official publication of:
Asia Thoracoscopic Surgery Education Program (ATEP) (but not limited to thoracic surgery)
Information for Authors
JOVS is a member of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and it follows the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)'s guidelines and the ICMJE recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journal.
Manuscripts submitted must be the original work of the author(s) and must not be published previously or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submission Turnaround Time
- In-house review: 1-3 weeks
- External peer review: 1-3 months
- Publication Ahead of Print: within 1 month after being accepted
- Formal publication: within 1-3 months after being accepted. Original Articles are listed as priority.
Open Access Statement
Journal of Visualized Surgery is a peer reviewed, open access journal. All content of the journal is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial- NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). All articles published open access will be immediately and permanently free for all to read, download, copy and distribute as defined by the applied license.
Free access and usage
Permitted third party reuse is defined by the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. This license allows users to copy and distribute the article, provided:
- this is not done for commercial purposes and further does not permit distribution of the Article if it is changed or edited in any way.
- the user gives appropriate credit (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI) and provides a link to the license but not in an any way implying that the licensor is endorsing the user or the use of the work.
- no derivatives including remix, transform, or build upon the material was allowed for distribution.
For open access publishing, this journal uses an exclusive licensing agreement. Authors will transfer copyright to JOVS, but will have the right to share their article in the same way permitted to third parties under the relevant user license, as well as certain scholarly usage rights.
For any inquiry/special circumstance on the copyright, commercial usage or adaptation of JOVS articles, please contact: email@example.com
For reprint order, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOVS is published by AME Publishing Company.
Address: Flat/RM C 16F, Kings Wing Plaza 1, NO. 3 on Kwan Street, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China.
Updated on April 02, 2020